- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The singer paused during her performance of “Million Reasons,” saying, “If the fucking president of the United States could please put our government back … there are people who live paycheck to paycheck and need their money.”
Gaga then took aim at Pence, whose wife Karen is under fire for accepting a job at a school that excludes LGBT children, adding, “And to Mike Pence, who thinks it’s acceptable that his wife works at a school that bans LGBTQ — you’re wrong. You say we should not discriminate against Christianity. You are the worst representation of what it means to be a Christian. I am a Christian woman, and what I do know about Christianity is that we bear no prejudice and everybody is welcome. So you can take all that disgrace, Mr. Pence, and you can look yourself in the mirror and you’ll find it right there.”
Watch the video, below.
A version of this article originally appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day