- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – 11 year-old Maria Aragon chased fame on YouTube and was discovered by Lady Gaga.
Now the Canadian schoolgirl has penned her first original song, to appear on her upcoming second album, the Canadian Press newswire service reported Tuesday.
“I felt really happy because I’ve been trying to find something to influence me and inspire me but it just came to my head and then I wrote it,” Aragon said.
The Winnipeg grade schooler’s rendition of “Born This Way” this year secured 45 million hits on YouTube, including an early view by Lady Gaga.
The pop superstar then invited Aragon to share a Toronto concert stage with her and perform a duet.
Aragon also made appearances on The Ellen DeGeneres Show and Good Morning America, before singing for the Canadian Prime Minister on Parliament Hill and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge during their recent Canadian tour.
The Canadian songstress also released her first album of cover songs in The Philippines, and is at work on her upcoming second album.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day