- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
When asked what she would perform on Kimmel’s Hollywood stage that night, Gaga said, “I’m going to sing my brand new single, ‘You and I.’ Gaga also chatted with Kimmel about cooking, her fashion collection, and recording her songs on her tour bus.
Gaga also performed her current single, “The Edge of Glory” on the show. While there were concerns about overcrowding and safety during her performance in Hollywood, the event went on safely.
This was the first time Gaga openly announced the name of her new single. Earlier this week, Gaga talked about making the video, which was shot in Nebraska. “I’ve got to tell you, I don’t think there’s anything hotter than being in a cornfield in Nebraska,” she told Omaha radio station, 94.1.
“Well, it was actually kind of perfect the way it worked out ’cause the premise of the video is that I’ve walked all the way from New York City to Nebraska to get him back,” Gaga said of the video, which is about the idea that it’s torture to be away from your loved one.
Gaga also performed “You and I” on So You Think You Can Dance on Thursday.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day