- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Apparently when Lady Gaga calls, the fashion world answers. The pop star stepped into the role of guest editor for V Magazine’s just-released issue V99, and in doing so, she showed fans just how much clout she carries with the designer set.
Her guest editing resulted in a whopping 16 unique covers for the issue, each featuring a renowned and in some way iconic fashion talent. The first two the magazine debuted feature Karl Lagerfeld and Hedi Slimane, who photographed each other and then were shot together for an inside feature.
Of that moment, Gaga revealed, “For this issue I wanted nothing more than to have one story, just one, that my children and the future of fashion would remember forever.” Put two icons like these guys in a frame together and it seems she met her goal.
Of course, Gaga is also featured on several of the covers, shot by Steven Klein and wearing archived Alexander McQueen. Appropriately, a never-before-published image of McQueen himself (photographed by Klein in 2002) ran on another. So far, Daphne Guinness and Isabella Blow front another two covers. Stay tuned (or wait until it hits stands Jan. 14) to see who’s next in the singer’s epic fashion story.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Representation in Hollywood