- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The musician took the Dolby Theatre stage in a white gown to perform a medley from the Julie Andrews-Christopher Plummer movie-musical.
Among white wooden beams and a string orchestra, Gaga hit the high notes on “The Hills Are Alive,” “My Favorite Things,” “Edelweiss” and “Climb Every Mountain.”
Afterward, Andrews came onstage, hugged Gaga and, before presenting the Oscar for best score, told the audience, “It’s hard to believe that 50 years have gone by since that joyous film was released. I blinked and suddenly here I am! I think that I do speak for everyone connected to the movie when I say, we all really felt blessed to be a part of it. And as for me, well, how lucky can a girl get?”
Lady Gaga was among the night’s lineup of musical performances, which also included numbers by Anna Kendrick, Jack Black and Jennifer Hudson, as well as Tim McGraw, Rita Ora, Adam Levine, Common, John Legend, Tegan and Sara, and Lonely Island taking the stage to perform the nominated original songs.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day