- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The singer, who released the album Chromatica earlier this year, announced the news on her Instagram page on Thursday. It will mark the world premiere televised performance of her latest release and Gaga’s first return to the VMAs stage since 2013.
Ariana Grande and Lady Gaga lead this year’s nominations with nine each, followed by Billie Eilish and The Weeknd with six apiece.
Gaga and Grande’s collaboration “Rain on Me” is up for video of the year, song of the year, best collaboration, best pop, best cinematography, best visual effects and best choreography. Gaga is also up for artist of the year and best quarantine performance for “Smile” from One World: Together at Home.
She joins previously announced performers including BTS, Doja Cat, J Balvin, The Weeknd, Roddy Ricch, Maluma and CNCO. Keke Palmer will host the show, which will air live Aug. 30 at 8 p.m. ET (tape-delayed PT).
This year’s VMAs will feature outdoor performances throughout New York City to pay tribute to the area hit hardest by the novel coronavirus pandemic this spring.
Bruce Gillmer and Den of Thieves co-founder Jesse Ignjatovic are executive producers for the 2020 VMAs. Barb Bialkowski is co-executive producer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day