- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fresh off her breakout in Bradley Cooper’s A Star Is Born, Lady Gaga is teaming with Ridley Scott to make a movie about the murder of Guccio Gucci’s grandson Maurizio Gucci, the former head of the luxury Italian fashion house, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Lady Gaga will play Patrizia Reggiani, the wife of Maurizio Gucci, who was convicted of orchestrating the hit on her husband. Scott is producing the project with his wife, actress and producer Giannina Scott, and may be directing the project as well. The film has been a long-gestating project for Scott, with details of it first emerging more than a decade ago and with Angelina Jolie once in talks to play the role of Patrizia.
There is no studio distributor attached yet for the pic, but Scott is directing the period drama The Last Duel starring Ben Affleck, Matt Damon and Adam Driver for Disney-Fox, where his production company Scott Free has a long-standing first-look deal.
Lady Gaga starred alongside Cooper in the fourth remake of A Star Is Born, playing a musical ingenue mentored by a fading rock star. She earned Oscar nominations for best actress and best original song for the film’s breakout duet “Shallow” and won for the latter.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day