- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lady Gaga’s Super Bowl halftime show was everything we’d hoped for in the fashion department.
She dropped down into the stadium wearing a fully beaded iridescent bodysuit with linebacker-size shoulders designed by Donatella Versace, who was on hand in Houston to supervise the costume party. Her boots were also fully encrusted in Swarovski crystals.
Later in the act, which featured “Bad Romance,” “Telephone” and “Born This Way,” Gaga donned a spiky gold cropped jacket. Her third and final look was a sculpted white leather jacket resembling a football player’s shoulder pads, worn with midriff-baring hot pants.
The looks were styled by Gaga’s longtime stylist Brandon Maxwell, who is also a designer.
Gaga’s glam rock-inspired makeup was evocative of David Bowie’s Ziggy Stardust, bringing to mind her tribute to the late performer at the 2016 Grammy Awards.
Versace custom made all of the pieces for the show, but the sports inspiration was in line with the Italian fashion house’s spring 2017 glam slam runway collection. Gaga wore a color-blocked look from that collection at the Super Bowl halftime show press conference last week.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day