- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Little Monsters had a few more reasons to smile last night.
The advanced screening was hosted by YouTube star Tyler Oakley.
“Thank you so, so much from the bottom of my heart for being here tonight,” said the Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter when she entered the theater.
During the event, she opened up about her experience acting alongside her co-star and the film’s director Bradley Cooper: “Working with Bradley Cooper has been one of the greatest honors of my life. He fought for me to play this role.”
In the film, Gaga portrays Ally, an unknown singer-songwriter who is the love interest of Cooper’s character, Jackson Maine.
Before she left the screening, host Oakley asked the “Shallow” singer: “How do you hope it impacts this generation?” Gaga responded with the advice: “Be who you are, fight to be who you are.”
The musical drama marks the first lead role in a feature film for Gaga.
A Star Is Born opens in theaters this Friday.
Watch the star surprise fans below.
A post shared by A Star Is Born (@starisbornmovie) on
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day