- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
She may not have been born this way, but Lady Gaga was pop’s top-earning woman in 2011.
PHOTOS: THR’s 2011 Women in Entertainment Power 100
According to Forbes, Lady Gaga earned $90 million from album sales, touring and endorsements — double the estimated earnings of Taylor Swift and Katy Perry, who made $45 million and $44 million, respectively. In Gaga context, that’s over $5 for each of the pop provocateur’s nearly 17 million Twitter followers, or $2 a piece for her Facebook little monsters.
The numbers reflect earnings between May 2010 and 2011.
COMPLETE LIST: 2011 Women in Entertainment Power 100
That calendar means Adele, who notched $18 million and ninth place with only a few months of record-keeping for her chart-ruling 21, may be tough competition for Mother Monster in 2012.
Rounding out the top 10 list was Beyonce ($35 million), Rihanna ($29 million), Pink ($22 million), Carrie Underwood ($20 million), Celine Dion ($19 million) and Britney Spears, who tied with Alicia Keys at $10 million for the No. 10 spot.
Overall, U2 was Forbes’ top act in music, with the band notching $195 million.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day