- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tom Ford took an altogether new approach to showing his spring/summer 2016 collection, and not just because he chose to do it digitally. Other designers have presented via Instagram or streaming video, but Ford actually created something more akin to a music video as the vehicle for debuting his new designs.
See more Paris Fashion Week’s Front Row
He called upon Lady Gaga to star in the short film and provide the soundtrack — her cover of Chic’s “I Want Your Love.” The pop star, who also figured heavily in Brandon Maxwell’s runway presentation this season, sings as models wearing Ford’s glam pieces strut and dance up and down a lit-up runway.
Shot by legendary photographer Nick Knight, the three-minute film does a great job of making us want the clothes featured. But it also makes us wish we were there. Ford told WWD, “Instead of having a traditional show this season, I decided to try something new. I wanted to think about how to present a collection in a cinematic way that was designed from its inception to be presented online.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day