- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lady Gaga gets to wear what she wants — when she wants.
After the “Applause” singer attended Atelier Versace’s spring 2014 couture show, Donatella Versace allowed her to wear (and presumably keep) one of the most memorable pieces straight from Sunday’s runway show — a crystal-adorned mesh hood with a white fur coat — to the postshow Versace dinner and afterparty.
This didn’t go over well with fashion editors and couture costumers, who wanted to see the one-of-a-kind piece up close but couldn’t since it was already given to Gaga, according to Vogue UK. Given that it’s typically unusual for a couture piece to be handed out to a celebrity right after the show, the situation only further demonstrates the close relationship between Gaga and Versace.
The pop star didn’t seem bothered by the upset people within the press, as she posted a photo on Twitter and wrote much to her satisfaction: “Me, Riccardo Tisci, Donatella Versace and Franca Sozzani. In white fur crystal hood #offtherunway.”
— Goddess of Love (@ladygaga) January 21, 2014
You win, Lady Gaga, you win.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day