- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
According to the Atlantic Wire, the pop star-provocateur — in town to launch her new fragrance Fame — dined with the Wikileaks founder, who’s hiding out in the embassy to avoid being extradited to Sweden where he would face sexual assault charges.
Gaga later posted the photographic evidence online; she looks tired and he looks like he needs to get out of the house.
(Although Ecuador granted Assange’s request for asylum, British police said they would arrest him should he leave the embassy. Assange and supporters including directors Michael Moore and Oliver Stone have expressed worry that a Swedish extradition would lead to further extradition to the U.S. where the hacker/activisit could potentially face the death penalty.)
On Sunday night, rapper M.I.A. sent a tweet in Gaga’s direction, writing: “if ur at harrods today, come visit Assange at the Ecuador embassy across the st. im there. ill bring TEA and CAKE.”
No word on whether she joined Gaga and Assange for dinner the following day.
As for the “Edge of Glory” singer, a semi-public social call with an infamous internet outlaw is clearly a sign she’s in much better health after losing her lunch — not once, but three times — mid-concert in Barcelona over the weekend.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day