- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lady Gaga kicked off Super Bowl 50 on Sunday, singing the National Anthem for a packed audience that included stars Catherine Zeta-Jones and Michael Douglas in the crowd at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, Calif.
The singer belted out “The Star-Spangled Banner” in a custom glittery-red Gucci by Alessandro Michele pantsuit. Prior to her performance, she teased her mismatched shoes for the show. “Red White and Sparkly Blue. Thank you Alessandro for my beautiful custom outfit tonight! #gucci,” she wrote on Instagram alongside a pair of sky-high platforms (one in glittery blue, the other in red and white stripes).
With her sparkly red eyeshadow (applied by makeup artist Sarah Nicole Tanno), slick back ‘do (by hairstylist Frederic Aspiras) and a bright blue mani, the Oscar-nominated pop star looked divine for her grand performance.
In an interview with NFL Network’s Nate Burleson, Gaga said being able to sing the National Anthem at the Super Bowl “is one of the highest honors of my career. I get a chance to sing for all the athletes who have been working so hard their whole life for this moment.”
LADY IN RED: Lady Gaga during her National Anthem performance. (Photo: Getty Images)
TA-DA: Gaga in glitters. (Photo: Getty Images)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day