- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
There’s good news for some more Los Angeles Lakers fans in Southern California.
Time Warner Cable said late Sunday that it has signed a new deal with Cox Communications to carry Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes.
The news means that Cox subscribers in Southern California will now have access to Lakers games. The channels will launch in time for the Lakers game vs. the Utah Jazz on Wednesday, Nov. 7.
TWC said further details will be announced shortly.
TWC has previously closed deals with Charter, Verizon Fios, AT&T U-verse and Bright House Networks but still has yet to come to terms with Dish Network, Comcast and DirecTV.
A sticking point in TWC’s talks with carriers has been for its two sports networks to be carried on the most basic level of service. That helps TWC, which is asking $3.95 per subscriber per month for the two channels, sell ads on the games.
This season, the two TWC services will each carry 70 Lakers games (of which 57 are exclusive). TWC’s channels also offer games from the Los Angeles Galaxy soccer team, the Los Angeles Sparks basketball team and others.
The 2012-13 NBA season kicked off Wednesday.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day