- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
COLOGNE, Germany – Peter Rogers, former President of Lakeshore International, will run uConnect, the new international sales division of Belgium production, financing and distribution group uMedia, a co-producer of Oscar winner The Artist.
In addition to its production and financing operations, uMedia is an established visual effects producer with tech credits that include 3-D animated features A Monster in Paris and Fly Me to the Moon.
Based in London, uConnect will handle international sales and finance for selected vMedia productions as well as investing in third-party projects. Rogers will make his debut as head of the company at the Marche du Film in Cannes later this month.
Rogers has a background in both finance and sales. As President of Lakeshore International for seven years he handled the sales and distribution of such titles as Million Dollar Baby, Runaway Bride and the Underworld franchise. He also worked as a non-executive director of $100 million film fund Oceana Media Finance and was a partner in finance/sales group Cobalt Media Group.
More recently, Rogers put together the financing for Tony Goldwyn‘s drama Conviction, starring Hilary Swank and Sam Rockwell, as President of production and finance company Omega Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day