- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lamar Odom was arrested early Friday morning on suspicion of drunk driving, the California Highway Patrol said.
The former Los Angeles Clippers forward, 34, was seen “driving in a serpentine manner at 50 mph,” in a white Mercedes SUV on the 101 Freeway approaching Sepulveda Ave. When pulled over by the CHP, Odom was not able to perform a field sobriety test and “showed signs of intoxication.”
He was booked without incident at the Los Angeles Police Department’s Van Nuys jail and held on $15,000 bail. The NBA star, who earned two championship rings with the Los Angeles Lakers, has been reportedly dealing with a drug problem.
Days before the arrest, Odom was reportedly involved in a multi-car accident with a vehicle driven by Los Angeles Times journalist. The crash also occurred while driving on the 101 Freeway, the Times reported.
During this past week, the player’s agent has countered reports that Odom was “missing” from his home with reality TV star wife Khloe Kardashian.
“Lamar is not missing. His wife knows exactly where he is,” agent Jeff Schwartz told ESPN. After spending a season with the Clippers, Odom became a free agent this summer and has yet to sign with another team.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day