- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Los Angeles police have opened an investigation into the claims from Corey Feldman that a pedophile ring has been victimizing young actors for years in Hollywood, LAPD detective Ross Nemeroff confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter.
Feldman revealed via Twitter he filed a report Monday.
“When a report is filed on something as severe as this, an investigation is opened by the robbery/homicide division (which also handles sex crimes),” Nemeroff told THR.
Feldman, who starred in such ‘80s classic as Goonies and Stand by Me, said in previous interviews that a pedophile ring existed within the business, but he refused to name names, that is until the Harvey Weinstein scandal completely upended Hollywood.
Feldman also launched a $10 million fundraising campaign for a movie which he said would be the “most honest and true depiction of child abuse.”
Earlier in the week, Feldman told Matt Lauer and Megyn Kelly that he did not identify perpetrators in the past over concerns for his safety.
“I need a team of lawyers and I need a team of security to be around me at all time to keep me safe so I can get this message done,” Feldman said. “I vow that I will release every single name that I have knowledge of, period. And nobody’s going to stop this.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Roe V. Wade