- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Los Angeles Police Department has opened an investigation into Harvey Weinstein after a new allegation of sexual assault has been brought against the disgraced Hollywood mogul.
An unnamed Italian model/actress has accused Weinstein of sexually assaulting her in a hotel room in Los Angeles in 2013. She spoke with authorities in L.A. about the incident this week.
“The LAPD Robbery Homicide division has interviewed a potential assault victim involving Harvey Weinstein in 2013. The case is under investigation at this point,” police department spokesperson Drake Madison on Thursday told The Hollywood Reporter.
The model has accused Weinstein of rape, while over 40 women have now come forward to level allegations of sexual harassment against him. Given the alleged incident took place in the last decade, it falls within the 10-year statute of limitations that existed at the time of the alleged assault. California has since eliminated that statute.
On Oct. 12, the New York Police Department opened an investigation, but that was to conduct “a review to determine if there are any additional complaints relating to the Harvey Weinstein matter,” a spokesperson stated at the time.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day