- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
According to a report in The New York Times, the production, which he wrote and will star in, will begin preview performances on Feb. 2 before officially opening on March 5.
The comedy, revolving around a death in the family, will also feature Jayne Houdyshell (Well), Rosie Perez (Fearless), Jonny Orsini (The Nance), Jake Cannavale (Basilica) and Jerry Adler (The Sopranos), the Times also noted.
David previously stated that though he hasn’t been in a play since the eighth grade, he will play someone similar to himself, perhaps just himself with a different name. He was inspired to write the show after the death of a friend’s father.
Fish in the Dark will be directed by Anna D. Shapiro, who also worked with producer Scott Rudin on this theater season’s opener This is Our Youth and the Tony-nominated Chris Rock starrer The Motherf—er With the Hat. Shapiro won a 2008 Tony Award for staging August: Osage County.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day