- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Larry Flynt is being sued by his estranged brother, Jimmy Flynt, who accuses the Hustler magazine publisher of wrongly firing him from his $250,000 job with Flynt Management Group LLC.
The Associated Press reports Jimmy Flynt is seeking at least $20 million in damages in a federal lawsuit filed last week in Cincinnati court.
According to the lawsuit, “Hustler retail was Jimmy’s idea, has been highly profitable and has allowed expansion into many other areas and business areas, including gaming. Jimmy opened the first Hustler store and was the first to use the Hustler mark in commerce, in retail. Jimmy literally built Hustler retail from the ground up,”
Jimmy Flynt also says he invented Hustler’s marketing tag line, “Relax… it’s just sex!”
Jimmy Flynt alleges that Larry stopped paying his brother in 2009 in an attempt to push him out of the company.
According to the Cincinnati Business Courier, Jimmy Flynt filed another lawsuit against a Buffalo, NY law firm that provides legal services to Hustler Cincinnati Inc. as well as to Jimmy Flynt.
Jimmy Flynt alleges the firm Lipsitz Green Scime Cambria LLP conspired and colluded with Larry Flynt to cut him out of the company. Jimmy Flynt seeks $1 million in damages from the firm.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day