- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
On Tuesday’s Nightly Show, Larry Wilmore took on Don Lemon holding up a giant N-word sign on his CNN program the night before.
After airing the controversial clip from Lemon’s show, Wilmore said, “Wow, you went literal race card, Don.”
? Man, that’s the cost of like 40 seconds of the Iraq war.””]
In addition to airing the clip without censoring Lemon’s sign, The Nightly Show kept an image of Lemon holding up his sign on the air as Wilmore continued to discuss it. The Nightly Show host also said the N-word, without censoring it, while he was talking about his amazement that CNN was able to so quickly procure that card.
Still, he revealed the words that really offend him, holding up a card that read “Don Lemon.”
Later, Wilmore and Co. imagined how the poor CNN intern tasked with going to the local copy shop to get that sign obtained it.
Awkward stammering and another use of the N-word, without censoring it, follow.
Comedy Central has not yet responded to The Hollywood Reporter‘s inquiry about The Nightly Show not censoring the N-word.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day