- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Von Trier’s producer Louise Vesth, who has worked with the director since Melancholia in 2011, announced the project during the press conference at the Venice Film Festival for the director’s cut of von Trier’s Nymphomaniac Vol. 2.
Vesth declined to reveal any details of the series except to say von Trier would start working on a script this fall and shooting was planned to start in 2016. Vesth will produce for von Trier’s Danish production company Zentropa together with executive producer and Zentropa partner Peter Aalbaek Jensen.
Danish public broadcaster DR, whose credits include The Killing and The Bridge, is developing the series together with von Trier, with DR’s Piv Bernth executive producing. TrustNordisk will handle international sales for the series.
Von Trier’s last television project was The Kingdom, made in 1994. The creepy hospital drama — part soap opera, part horror — was a huge international success, selling around the world and inspiring ABC’s short-lived U.S. remake Kingdom Hospital in 2004.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Portia de Rossi
James Gordon Meek