- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This story first appeared in the Jan. 18 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Execs hungry for a challenge — such as Alcon Entertainment chief and Ironman competitor Andrew Kosove — call on “Coach” Gareth Thomas.
“What he does is based on very advanced physiological science,” says Kosove. At Thomas’ new TRIO performance center in Brentwood (1161 San Vicente Blvd.), clients receive VO2 (oxygen consumption) and other tests to optimize training ($250 per session).
Former Moulin Rouge dancer Samantha Rabon has recruited a cadre of fellow dancers as instructors at the new XTEND BARRE (8254 Melrose Ave.). The workout ($250 a month) combines isometric movements, dance and cardio.
On Jan. 15, Santa Monica’s Iron Fitness (1919 Broadway St., ironla.com) will debut MOMENTUM BY IRON, a stand-alone group fitness studio headed by Shedding for the Wedding instructor Jennifer Cohen. Its four signature classes include Crossfit Yoga with Kate Abate (who has trained David Duchovny).
In February, celebrity trainer Tracy Anderson opens a Brentwood studio, where members can take virtual classes with Anderson herself. (11920 San Vicente Blvd., tracyandersonmethod.com, monthly fees from $500.)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day