- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After news broke of President Donald Trump’s firing of FBI Director James Comey on Tuesday night, White House press secretary Sean Spicer gave a brief interview to Fox Business from the White House grounds and then he vanished.
The Washington Post reported that Spicer “disappeared into the shadows, huddling with his staff near a clump of bushes and then behind a tall hedge.” Twitter users had a field day, invoking the famous The Simpsons GIF where Homer slips into the hedges. On Wednesday night, late-night TV got its turn.
On Jimmy Kimmel Live!, Jimmy Kimmel explained that “White House stress secretary” Spicer was headed off grounds when the Comey firing happened, and “didn’t want to answer questions.” Spicer was on leave from handling the rest of the week’s daily press briefings so he could fulfill his Navy Reserve duty at the Pentagon.
“Sometimes, you gotta stop and smell the Rose Garden,” said Kimmel.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day