- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Laura Dern chose an embellished black and silver Alberta Ferretti gown, Bulgari Monete necklace and a Bulgari turquoise ring, in support of the American Lung Association’s Lung Force initiative, for her red carpet look at the 2015 Academy Awards held at the Dolby Theatre on Sunday (Feb. 22) in Hollywood.
Having Bruce Dern and Diane Ladd as parents, Laura Dern was probably running lines in the womb. But support from Mom and Dad only goes so far: When Dern the daughter went way out on a limb with those indelible expressions of absolute awe and anguish as unsettled teen Sandy Williams in director David Lynch‘s Blue Velvet (1986), she was out there on her own. Laura has continuously extended her performances beyond the comfortable places in roles ranging from the titular Rambling Rose (1991) to Enlightened‘s Amy.
Laura Dern is attending the 87th Academy Awards as a best supporting actress nominee for playing Mom to Reese Witherspoon in Wild. The last time Laura Dern sat in the Oscars audience as a potential winner was as a best actress hopeful for Rambling Rose. Also up for an award that night? Her mom, Diane Ladd, as best supporting actress for the same film.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day