- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Laura Dreyfuss is leaving the Great White Way and making a return to television. Three years after originating the role of Zoe Murphy in Broadway’s Tony-winning musical Dear Evan Hansen, the Glee alum is ready to get back in front of the camera.
Dreyfuss — whose new TV project has yet to be announced — will perform her last show at New York’s Music Box Theatre this Sunday. Prior to Dear Evan Hansen, the actress held roles in national tours of Hair and Once and was cast in the off-Broadway production What’s It All About? Bacharach Reimagined.
In 2015, she took a break from the stage to play Madison McCarthy in the sixth and final season of Ryan Murphy’s Fox musical comedy Glee.
Following Dreyfuss’ exit from Dear Evan Hansen, Olivia Puckett (Motown the Musical) will play the role of Zoe Murphy from July 17 through July 29.
After Puckett’s stint ends, newcomer Mallory Bechtel will take over the part. Houston-based Bechtel — who is relocating to NYC to join the Dear Evan Hansen cast — appeared in a recent episode of Law & Order: SVU and also appears in A24’s critically acclaimed horror film Hereditary.