- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Oscar nominee Morten Tyldum (The Imitation Game) is set to direct the Sony project, which is set on a spacecraft transporting thousands of people to a distant planet. As a result of a malfunction, a single passenger is awakened early. Not wanting to be alone, he wakes up a second passenger.
Michael Sheen is also attached to the film, which has a script by Jon Spaihts. The film is a high-profile project for Tom Rothman and Sony, starring two of today’s biggest stars — Pratt fresh off his Jurassic World success and Lawrence, the star of the huge Hunger Games franchise.
Stephen Hamel, Michael Maher, Ori Marmur and Neal H. Moritz are producing. Sony has set the film for release on Dec. 21, 2016.
Fishburne’s recent films include William H. Macy’s Rudderless, comedy Ride Along and Man of Steel. He’ll reprise his role as Perry White in Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice. He’s repped by Paradigm, manager Helen Sugland and attorney Nina Shaw.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day