- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Actress Laverne Cox has been chosen as the first transgender woman to be turned into a wax figure at Madame Tussauds in honor of Pride Month.
The Orange Is the New Black star’s likeness will join wax figures of George Clooney and Leonardo DiCaprio at Madame Tussauds San Francisco in Fisherman’s Wharf. Prior to Caitlyn Jenner‘s recent transition, Cox broke barriers by being the first openly transgender woman of color to be nominated for an Emmy and as an LGBT activist.
“When I think about being who I am, a black trans woman from a working class background raised in Mobile, Alabama, this honor feels even more improbable and extraordinary,” said Cox in a statement. “I hope that this will be a source of inspiration for every one who encounters it to believe that their dreams matter and are possible.”
Cox’s wax figure will debut during the San Francisco Pride press conference June 26.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day