- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Political analyst Lawrence O’Donnell will host a new primetime weeknight show on MSNBC.
O’Donnell has served as a political analyst for MSNBC since the network’s launch in 1996 and has been a guest host for “Countdown with Keith Olbermann,” “Hardball with Chris Matthews” and “The Rachel Maddow Show.”
“Lawrence O’Donnell is an incredible talent, who our audience has gotten to know throughout the years,” said Phil Griffin, president of the network. “It’s great to have another anchor of his caliber on the network. This makes us a bigger and better network.”
O’Donnell was a producer and writer on NBC’s “The West Wing” and creator of the series “Mister Sterling.” He also served in several political staff positions.
The launch date of his show was not announced.
“I’ve had a part-time job at MSNBC for 14 years,” O’Donnell said. “Now that the network and I have gotten to know each other, I’m thrilled to be going full time.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day