- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“We miss you C…” Her tweet said. Attached was an image of a black-and-white Polaroid photo of the couple.
Hard to believe it’s been 4 years… We miss you C… love you more pic.twitter.com/kIXoy4s4zK
— Lea Michele (@LeaMichele) July 13, 2017
Monteith was found dead on July 13, 2013, at 31 years old, caused by a mixture of intravenous heroin and alcohol.
Michele and Monteith were in a relationship at the time of his death. The two met as co-stars on the TV-show-musical, Glee, which premiered in 2009 and ran for six seasons, four of which included Monteith as Finn Hudson.
Michele shared similar posts on the second and third anniversaries of Monteith’s death, posting pictures of the actor with messages, “today we remember the laughter and joy you brought in our lives every day,” and “I know every day you’re watching over me, and smiling,” respectively.
The actress told the September 2016 issue of Women’s Health that she got three tattoos to memorialize her late lover: a number 5, the number on Finn Hudson’s football jersey; the name “Finn” on her butt cheek; and “If you say so,” on her ribcage, the name of the single she wrote about Monteith.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day