- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Wu’s follow-up to her 2004 romantic dramedy Saving Face, which bowed at Toronto and was picked up Sony Pictures Classics, The Half of It portrays a smart, lonely Chinese American high school student who is hired by the school jock to write love letters to woo the girl they both secretly love.
In the process, each teaches the other about the nature of love as they find connection in the most unlikely of places.
Lewis plays Ellie Chu in The Half of It, Diemer fills the role of Paul Munksy, while Lemire plays Aster Flores. The ensemble cast includes Becky Ann Baker, Catherine Curtin, Wolfgang Novogratz and Enrique Murciano as Deacon Flores.
The Half of It, based on a 2018 Black List script, is produced by Anthony Bregman, M. Blair Breard, David Bausch and Wu, with Erica Matlin and Greg Zuk executive producing.
Wu’s second feature also joins a teen movie lineup at Netflix that includes the upcoming comedy Tall Girl, directed by Nzingha Stewart, and Rachel Talalay’s A Babysitter’s Guide to Monster Hunting.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day