- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Leah Remini, who recently won an Emmy for her A&E series Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath, has joined the cast of STX Entertainment’s Jennifer Lopez romantic comedy Second Act.
Peter Segal (Fifty First Dates) is directing the project, which tells of a big-box store employee, played by Lopez, who reinvents her life and her lifestyle, getting the chance to prove to Madison Avenue that street smarts are as valuable as a college degree, and that it is never too late for…wait for it…a second act.
Remini will play Lopez’s best friend and fellow employee from Queens.
The tone of the movie is being compared to Lopez’s Maid in Manhattan (2002).
Justin Zackham and Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas wrote the script. Goldsmith-Thomas is also producing with Lopez, Justin Zackham and Benny Medina.
Remini, who starred for almost 10 years on the sitcom The King of Queens, is repped by APA and Art2Perform.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day