- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
On Friday night, after LACMA CEO and Wallis Annenberg director Michael Govan and Gucci president and CEO Patrizio di Marco welcomed the cineast-filled crowd, DiCaprio took to the stage in a fine Gucci suit and short goatee.
The actor apologized for Scorsese, whom he explained “is stuck in New York finishing our film, Wolf of Wall Street.”
The crowd didn’t seem too disappointed with Scorsese’s stand in. DiCaprio, who starred in the five of the director’s feature films, is also one of the co-chairs of Saturday night’s Art + Film Gala at LACMA.
The actor went on to read Scorsese’s notes praising Rebel Without a Cause director Nicholas Ray‘s filmmaking feat, his technical grasp of shots and composition and his grateful appreciation of the funding support of Gucci and Warner Bros. (This is Gucci’s tenth film restoration of this kind and magnitude.)
Gucci creative director Frida Giannini was also on hand, as was actress Camilla Belle, who wore Gucci, naturally.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day