- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The movie’s casting is heating up as it starts shooting this week in Atlanta. Ed Helms and Christina Applegate are already on board, while Chris Hemsworth and Charlie Day are in negotiations for roles. Chase and original star Beverly D’Angelo are making appearances.
John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein wrote the script and are making their directorial debut in a story that sees Helms starring as Rusty Griswold, the grown-up son of Clark Griswold (Chase) who takes his family on a road trip similar to the one he, his parents and his sister took when he was young.
Mann would play Audrey Griswold, who was played by Dana Barron in the 1983 original. In the update, Audrey is married to Hemsworth’s character, an up-and-coming anchorman named Stone Crandall.
Chris Bender and David Dobkin are producing. Marc S. Fischer is exec producing.
Mann last starred in the hit comedy The Other Woman in which she appeared with Cameron Diaz and Kate Upton. The comedy grossed more than $191 million worldwide.
She is repped by CAA.
UPDATED to state the movie shoots in Atlanta not Louisiana. Marc S. Fischer is exec producing not Jeff Kleeman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day