- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Previously announced Atmos titles from Fox are Taken 2 and Oct. 26 release Chasing Mavericks.
Re-recording mixers Doug Hemphill and Ron Bartlett will helm the Atmos mix of Life of Pi, which opens on Nov. 21.
“We have been very impressed with the ability of Dolby Atmos to deliver a new level of storytelling with the soundscapes for Taken 2 and Chasing Mavericks and expect Dolby Atmos to deliver an amazing experience for audiences with Life of Pi, said Chris Aronson, president, domestic distribution at Fox, in a statement.
Unveiled in April, Atmos creates a lifelike sound experience by lining speakers along the theater’s front, rear and side walls, as well as overhead. It can play up to 128 channels of sound at once.
Disney/Pixar’s Brave was the first film to be mixed in Atmos. It premiered last spring in the format at the newly-renamed Dolby Theatre.
Theaters that will offer Life of Pi in Atmos have not yet been announced.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day