- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A “lightsaber vigil” has been organized to honor the memory of Carrie Fisher at Disneyland’s Downtown Disney District on Wednesday night.
A Facebook event promoting the gathering was created and shared with over 800 fans invited. The vigil is planned for 7 p.m. PT in front of the now closed House of Blues.
Fans and supporters are encouraged to bring their own glowing lightsaber toys to the meet-up in honor of Fisher’s iconic role in the Star Wars films as Princess Leia Organa. Currently, hundreds of fans have said they plan attend on the event’s official Facebook page.
Jeff Rowan, who organized the vigil, told The Hollywood Reporter of his decision to create the event: “Last night at about 11:00 I decided to go ahead and make an event myself and see if anything would happen,” he said. “In all honesty, The Empire Strikes Back was the first movie I ever went to see in the theater and to this day Star Wars has played a huge part in my life. I hope Disney lets us in.”
— Maci (@Wtfmaci) December 29, 2016
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day