- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lil Jon has transformed his ubiquitous “Turn Down for What” into the voting anthem “Turn Out for What” with a new, star-studded PSA for Rock the Vote.
In the video, the rapper heads to the polls to vote in the 2014 midterm elections, set for Nov. 4, where he runs into Lena Dunham and celebrity trainer Tracy Anderson.
“This is how we do it in Hollywood; we vote with our trainers,” Dunham says. After fruitlessly asking Dunham for some gossip on Girls, Jon breaks out a political remix of his hit, performing in front of a flag while standing behind the presidential podium and shouting, “Rock the vote” and “Turn out for what.”
As Jon raps, various stars identify themselves and what they’re voting for — when they’re not dancing in front of voting booths.
“Hi, I’m Fred, I’m turning out because I wanna impress my friends,” Armisen says when it’s his turn. “That’s the only reason to ever do anything.”
But Rock the Vote has several more potential reasons, which it illustrates via props and onscreen graphics.
Watch the video above to see why the stars are voting.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day