- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Hollywood Reporter understands that the star — last seen on the MTV reality series Lindsay Lohan’s Beach Club and as a judge on The Masked Singer Australia — has entered final negotiations to appear in the film, written by Ian Holt and to be directed by Steven R. Monroe, who helmed the 2010 remake of cult classic I Spit on Your Grave.
Angel Oak Films and Alt House Productions will produce, with Angel Oak representing the project — which is slated to start principal photography this summer — at the European Film Market in Berlin.
Cursed tells the story of renowned psychiatrist Dr. David Elder (Rourke), who teams up with police detective Mary Branigan (Lohan) in a race to stop an escaped psychiatric patient from killing five people held hostage in a remote house. The film’s casting was handled by Debra McCarthy.
Los Angeles/Brussels-based Angel Oak Films is the new production and sales banner headed up by Pascal Borno, Alain Gillissen and B.I. Rosen. New York-based Alt House Productions is led by Holt, Michael Alden and Mike Kuciak.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Roe V. Wade