- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
According to the Los Angeles County coroner’s office, Pearlman died by suicide from sodium nitrite toxicity. The case was closed Aug. 1, the coroner’s office tells The Hollywood Reporter.
Pearlman, 43, had recurring roles on General Hospital and Chicago Justice and was found dead inside of a vehicle Feb. 18. She was previously reported missing after she was seen Feb. 13 in Hollywood, the Los Angeles Police Department told THR at the time.
Pearlman grew up in Chicago and studied comedy at The Second City Conservatory before participating in touring shows, according to a bio on her personal website. She moved to Los Angeles after booking her recurring role on NBC’s Chicago Justice.
Pearlman’s other credits include Empire, Sneaky Pete, American Housewife, The Purge and Selena: The Series.
She recently had a recurring role on BET+’s The Ms. Pat Show.
After she was found, Pearlman’s husband, Vance Smith, wrote in part on Instagram, “She’s gone. I’m broken.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day