- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lionsgate and Comic-Con International will launch Comic-Con HQ, their newly-named fanboy streamer, on May 7, ahead of an official launch in June.
The subscription video-on-demand service will have a soft launch in May, with an official bow to follow in June in the lead up to Comic-Con International: San Diego in July. The ad-free online service will feature varied programming from G4 alum Adam Sessler (X-Play) executive producing shows on comics, science and gaming while hosting his own interview series.
Fellow G4 star Kevin Pereira (Attack of the Show) will executive produce an entertainment pop culture news show and a late night talk show. Original scripted and unscripted series headed to Comic-Con HQ include Kings of Con, inspired by real-life fan convention experiences from Supernatural stars Richard Speight and Rob Benedict, and the science show Impossible Science, starring illusionist Jason Latimer.
Comic-Con HQ is also set to feature exclusive archived footage from the past 45 years of Comic-Con, films and TV series from Lionsgate and other companies and original video.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day