- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The partnership now includes distribution of Lionsgate titles in Latin America.
IDC has been distributing Summit titles in Latin America since 2005, and the move comes as Lionsgate continues to build out its global distribution network under the direction of motion picture group co-chairs Patrick Wachsberger and Rob Friedman.
“IDC’s results for our Summit titles in the past have been outstanding and the quality of its distribution first class,” Wachsberger and Friedman said in a statement Monday.
“By adding our own Lionsgate films and expanding our partnership with IDC, we believe that we can replicate the success we have achieved through self-distribution in the United Kingdom,” they added.
Lionsgate in recent weeks has inked a multi-year output deal with StudioCanal for Germany and Austria, building on an earlier tie-up between Lionsgate and StudioCanal in May.
And there’s been similar movie distribution deals for the Canadian mini-studio with Alliance Films in Spain and Roadshow Films in Australia.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day