- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The mini-studio on Friday said it has tapped theme park creator Thinkwell Group to mount a touring exhibit, The Hunger Games: The Exhibition, to debut in the U.S. market in summer 2015.
“Thinkwell … is spearheading an initiative for line extensions of The Hunger Games and all of our other brands,” said Lionsgate CEO Jon Feltheimer during a teleconference call that followed the release of his company’s fourth-quarter and full-year financial results.
“As a first step, we’ve already designed a state-of-the-art traveling museum involving costumes, props and other elements of the Hunger Games world that will begin touring the U.S. next summer,” he added.
Lionsgate is also eyeing theme park attractions and other location-based entertainment opportunities as it looks to generate new revenues from its Hunger Games franchise.
The initial traveling exhibition will fill major museums and institutions across the U.S.
Feltheimer last year first talked about a theme park for the Hunger Games franchise to exploit its ancillary potential.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day