- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lionsgate has tapped Aaron Janus, a production exec behind A Quiet Place and Deadpool, as senior vp production in its realigning Motion Picture Group.
The studio has also promoted Meredith Wieck to vp production. She and Janus will report to Erin Westerman, who was recently upped to president of production and has helped target movies in the horror, action, faith, family and comedy genres as Lionsgate looks for new film franchises.
Janus joins Lionsgate from Platinum Dunes, where he was head of development for directors Michael Bay, Brad Fuller and Andrew Form. While there, Janus executive produced the John Krasinski box office hit A Quiet Place. He also had executive stints at 20th Century Fox, where his credits included Deadpool, The Wolverine and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, and Scott Rudin Productions.
“Aaron is an exciting addition to our strong team,” Westerman said Wednesday in a statement.
Wieck has been with Lionsgate since 2015 and has overseen such projects as the upcoming Bombshell and Barb and Star Go to Vista Del Mar.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day