- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Former Sony Pictures exec Matt Leonetti has been named president of physical production for Lionsgate’s film business.
Motion Picture Group president Nathan Kahane made the announcement on Thursday, with Leonetti coming on board to shepherd production for Lionsgate’s feature film slate, including releases from its Lionsgate and Summit Entertainment labels.
Leonetti arrives at Lionsgate after a shake-up at the Motion Picture Group that included Kahane becoming president of the studio division, a move that brought the former Mandate Pictures president back together with Joe Drake, who also returned to Lionsgate as motion picture group chairman.
“With his strong track record, great talent relationships and tremendous expertise, he [Leonetti] will be a key member of the leadership team moving our Motion Picture Group forward in the years to come,” Kahane said in a statement.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day