- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The fourth installment of the Hunger Games franchise will hit theaters in the region on Nov. 19 as part of the movie’s day-and-date global rollout. The Hunger Games franchise is not included in theatrical output deals Lionsgate has with West Company and Central Partnership for the rest of its own and its Summit subsidiary’s theatrical slates in Russia and the CIS.
And the first three Hunger Games films were distributed in Russia by indie Volga. Now Buena Vista is being tapped for the final installment in the Hunger Games franchise.
“Mockingjay 2 is the next thrilling chapter of an incredible global franchise, and we look forward to creating a singular motion picture event for Russian audiences,” said David Kornblum, Buena Vista’s international distribution head, in a statement on Thursday.
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 2 will see Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence), with the nation of Panem in a full-scale war, confronting President Snow (Donald Sutherland) in the final showdown. Liam Hemsworth, Sam Claflin and Josh Hutcherson also return for the final installment of the hit franchise.
Lionsgate’s Summit Entertainment earlier partnered with Buena Vista International on the Japanese release of Red, Step Up, Source Code and The Tree of Life.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day