- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
With Harold & Kumar readying for its big screen return today, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Lionsgate is shopping an animated TV version.
Film stars John Cho and Kal Penn are on board to voice the characters, Harold and Kumar, respectively, while A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas’ scribes Jon Hurwitz and Hayden Schlossberg are attached to pen the script, according to sources.
Lionsgate has received multiple offers from cable networks, but no official deal has been made for the potential series.
The Nov. 4 film release marks the third entry in Mandate Pictures’ raunchy stoner film franchise. The first, 2004’s Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle grossed $18.3 million domestically; the second, 2008’s Harold & Kumar Escape to Guantanamo Bay, garnered $38.1 million.
Penn and Cho are both repped by the Gersh Agency; Hurwitz and Schlossberg are repped by CAA.
Email: Lacey.Rose@THR.com; Twitter: @LaceyVRose
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day