- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The latest deal, building on an earlier tie-up between Lionsgate and StudioCanal for Germany, also includes the action thriller Granite Mountains, starring Josh Brolin, Jennifer Connelly and Miles Teller, and the crime thriller Kin, starring Jack Reynor, James Franco and Zoe Kravitz.
Lionsgate also handles StudioCanal’s film library in North America. The Aussie and Kiwi movie output deal was unveiled by Elizabeth Trotman, StudioCanal CEO for Australia and New Zealand, and Lionsgate Motion Picture Group chairman Patrick Wachsberger and international COO Andrew Kramer.
“They (StudioCanal) are a savvy, world-class distributor who has done a wonderful job with our films in Germany, and we are proud to bring to their highly regarded Australia/New Zealand team one of our most diverse and commercially exciting slates,” Wachsberger and Kramer said in a statement.
Trotman negotiated the agreement for StudioCanal, with Lionsgate executive vp international sales Crystal Bourbeau acting for the Hollywood studio.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day