- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
To give the film extra traction internationally, they are partnering with China-based DMG Entertainment, which co-produced Iron Man 3 and Looper — both big hits in China in recent years.
The pitch, titled Top of the Food Chain, is described as a cross between City Slickers and The Grey.
Tyler Perry, Ozzie Areu, and Matt Moore will produce the project, along with Chris Cowles. DMG Entertainment’s Dan Mintz and Chris Fenton will executive produce.
The sale marks another coup for the Kehoe brothers after their 2012 Black List script, Cherries, moves into production this spring with Good Universe’s Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg producing alongside DMG Entertainment.
The Kehoes entered the comedy scene in 2003 when they wrote and directed the indie film Overachievers, which starred Gary Busey. They have also written and directed several shorts for the website Funny or Die.
Cherries sold as a spec shortly after Endgame purchased the Kehoes’ previous spec script, You Complete Us, for Adam Shankman and Jennifer Gibgot of Offspring Entertainment.
WME represented the Kehoe brothers, 34th Street Films, and Tyler Perry on the deal.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day