- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The trilogy, which has grossed more than $30 million worldwide through Simon & Schuster, follows a young African-American woman coming of age during the 1980s. Obsessed with the material world, Tracy Ellison falls into a cycle of gratuitous sex and heartbreak.
Nicole Jefferson-Asher is on board to write the script for the Flyy Girl trilogy adaptation. Brown’s other producing credits include Real Women Have Curves and Rocket Science, from writer-director Jeffrey Blitz.
And she recently joined the cast of HBO’s Project Greenlight reboot in the role of producer and mentor to the winner of the filmmaking competition. “These books were a rite of passage for readers worldwide and will prove to be the foundation for an exciting cinematic release,” Brown said on Wednesday in a statement about the popular book trilogy.
Newell, Codeblack Films’ executive vp and general manager, and Robert Melnik, Lionsgate’s executive vp business and legal affairs, handled the deals. Attorney Vince L. Ravine handled legal duties for Brown.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day